Deep Thought

"A man would do nothing, if he waited until he could do it so well that no one would find fault with what he has done"
- Cardinal Newman

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Annoying 'G' word

Agonizing, annoying, bitter, hard, thorny, that's how I can describe the "G" word. The feeling I never wanna be preoccupied with. The feeling I relinquish. The feeling I deny. The feeling that irks me a lot.
Am ugly at saying 'Goodbyes'.
I always ignore saying it.
What happens when someone goes, and you don't know how long you'll have to wait for them?
What happens when deep down you know, its gonna be another 'long while' to see one glimpse?
What should I do? What should I say?
The regulars, bye, take care, have fun, have a happy journey and all?
I brush off saying these. Alas! The feeling I posses, can't be moulded into words, sentences, frames.
For a glee person like me, I am used to getting 'used to' to people/things.
I cant even let go off the 'things', not to forget. I still seize the first friendship band I got in 2nd standard, the boxes of chocolates I get, the dried up roses in middle of old books. No matter they get dusted pretty well, I feel secured in heart. Surely, its even harder to say Goodbyes to people. People maybe friends, neighbors, teachers, classmates, friends of friends and what not.
Especially if they are going somewhere where you know the regular hellos would get lessened. The bona fide pokes would disappear. When you would long for a cup of coffer or the messages on phone.
In that case, all I would do is get & give a bear hug, say bye and leave. Somewhere, at the back of the mind, there are a million things I wanna say, but they just get sealed with a smile on the lips and wrapped with an invisible tear in the eye.
Afterall, The Goodbye isn't too Good. 

4 comments:

  1. the word is never good; though sometimes it is the best thing to do.
    wonderfully put up once again..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another commendable piece of details of a part of human emotions

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jagpreet
    Yes, true. Sometimes, its just fine to let go things/people and move ahead in Life. But, sometimes, you never wanna let go, and still, you have to.
    Both phases happen in Life.
    Thanks for yet another comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Hardik
    First of all, thanks for the picture. I was craving for one such since a few days and so the post was at hold.
    And second of all, a human understands another human.
    Thanks for the pic and the comment!!!

    ReplyDelete