Deep Thought

"A man would do nothing, if he waited until he could do it so well that no one would find fault with what he has done"
- Cardinal Newman

Monday, July 2, 2012

The singular form at Paradise


Its been 7 days straight. Never has it happened to me. 7 days without talking to him. 7 days without calling him. 7 days without meeting him. 7 days of no late night calls. 7 days of not being 'together' with him. 7 days of not being in a 'relation'. 7 days of being- SINGLE.
Never has it also happened to me. 7 days of elation. 7 days of exquisite pleasure. 7 days of high cheer. 7 days of limitless glee. 7 days living on 7th heaven. 7 days of no pain and guilt. 7 days of optimism. 7 days of laughter. 7 days of euphoria. 7 days of peace of mind. 7 days in 'LOVE' with me.
Since a long time, I had never been single. As in, always been in a relation. Devoted to the lover. Devoted to his work, his calls, his this and his that. Never had I known, Love can be with oneself too. The selfless love. Surely, if you want someone to love you, you should be deeply, madly, truly in love with yourself. The elation and enchantment follows.
The phone now usually hangs in some corner of the world. I dont get regular calls or messages, I dont charge my phone, the battery is barely used. I dont sit around wondering what is he doing now & then. I dont need to swim into the ocean of sadness now. I just have to run on the green grass of laughter. I dont usually step out of house to meet him, I sit on the sofa and eat popcorn and watch movies. I dont have to think too much of every fight we used to have. I have learned to wisely chuck things out. I have witnessed change in me. I am a happy being.
 Life is too complicated and miseries itself sometimes that it gets even painful wandering off sorrow from another's. I have given a chance to myself. Life is too colorful if you wish. Its too magical if you wish. Its too elated if you wish. Its too bright and sun shining if you wish. Its too yellow if you wish. But only if you wish. Surely, you dont need someone else all the time to bring you joy. It comes from the heart. From one's own heart.
These 7 days of Love with myself were no doubt the best in years. I had an immense fun. I love myself. All the time I look into the mirror wondering how pretty I am and feel like kissing myself. This is where I belong. This is PARADISE. 

2 comments:

  1. "All the time I look into the mirror wondering how pretty I am and feel like kissing myself" ..thumbs up! i do that most of the times! Don't know whether this writing is fictitious or real..but honestly, it does reflect reality bites! Cause the most beautiful person on this planet is YOU...feel it,experiance it and nothing better would you desire -EVER :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @swateye
    I know you do it most of the times and now you've influenced me! beauty lies within, which human tries to find outside- in things or in other beings. That's what I've discovered. Thanks for the comment :) Glad you liked!! :D

    ReplyDelete